What could be more thrilling and challenging than a bumpy camel ride across the desert, or Dune bashing and quad biking in the day time and relaxing with the Rajasthani folk dance, music and a lavish dinner in the evening and finally star gazing with a camp fire in front!!!!! Yes I am talking about the camel Safari undertaken from Jaisalmer.
There are Two types of Safari in the desert.
The camel is aptly called the ship of the desert which you can realize as you ride in its back holding onto it’s hump across unnamed Sandy trails to the Sam sand dunes. Swaying to your left, front and back, you can explore many remote areas with their indigenous residents in the settlements, the desert wildlife and the flora and fauna. After that you can enjoy a beautiful golden sunset behind the golden white dunes. In the evening you can retreat to your favorite camp and enjoy the food, music and dance.
Charges for sunset camel Safari –1500/- onward.
Charges for overnight safari – 1850/- onward.
Suggested Rajasthan Tours covering Jaipur
- 8 Days – Rajasthan Tour from Delhi
- 12 Days – Rajasthan Tour from Jaipur
- 14 Days – Rajasthan Tour by Car from Delhi
- 14 Days – Rajasthan Agra and Varanasi Tour
- 15 Days – Delhi Agra and Rajasthan Tour
- 17 Days – Rajasthan Cultural and Wildlife Tour
If you keen for a bit of speed and don’t mind the dusty clouds of sand forming ,you can always opt for a Jeep Safari. It is a very popular activity among the tourist coming to Jaisalmer. With an open top and a dimension of 4*4 , you can start your Safari with a visit to the Fossil Park or the Desert National Park followed by a halt at the Sam sand dunes and finally to the Padholi Sanctuary.
Charges for Jeep Safari – 1200/- onward.
Also Read : Topmost Places To Be Visited In Jaisalmer
Tips for the Safari
The climate and the surrounding atmosphere of the desert is unknown to the outsiders and it may be hostile at times.
A few tips which can be helpful during the Safari are listed below.
- Carry a hat , or head cover and sunglasses.
- Warm clothes are a must if you plan for an overnight safari as the temperature in the desert decreases during the night.
- The sun becomes hostile during the day , so full sleeve shirt, long trousers and sneakers or boots are must.
- Never forget to carry a medical kit along with a torch , water bottle, towels and toilet papers.
The main attractions of a desert safari are quad biking and Dune bashing and the rustic folk dance and song. Not to forget the authentic Rajasthani Thali is also on the list.
You can also opt for different luxurious camps and tents around the Oasis, the details of which is available on the internet.
Excited? Of course!!! Then what keeps you waiting? Keep these details in mind and pack your bags to desert this forth coming holiday and quench your thirst for adventure in the glorious Thar.
Jaisalmer Travel Guide:
- Best Time to Visit Jaisalmer
- How to Reach Jaisalmer
- Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Tourist Attractions in Jaisalmer
- Where to Stay in Jaisalmer
- What to Eat in Jaisalmer
- Shopping in Jaisalmer
How to Reach Jaisalmer
Also, Jaisalmer railway station is about 2 kms from the city.
There is no direct bus from Dehli to Jaisalmer but Intra-state buses run from Jaipur to Jaisalmer.
Other Related information of Palace on Wheels
- Itinerary of Palace on Wheels
- Fares of Palace on Wheels
- Schedule of Palace on Wheels
- Palace on Wheels facilities
- Coaches of Palace on Wheels train
- Route Map of Palace on Wheels train
- Palace on Wheels Booking